Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nana is home.

Your Nana, that is your Momma's father's mother, was down here visiting her step-father, who is considered to be my great-grandfather and therefore, your great-great grandfather. We call him Grampa. I know, it's all very complicated. Grampa is succumbing to leukemia and he was taken off of blood transfusions and sent home to be on hospice. That is, they're going to work on managing his pain, but not keeping him alive. You great-great Aunty Doris, who is Nana's younger sister, is staying with Grampa at the moment.
We went to visit Grampa, Nana and Aunty the day before Nana left. It was a nice time and you were rather gentle with Grampa, which I didn't expect. I expected you to pull on his beard and try to rip his oxygen tubes out. Woohoo! Like I said though, you were good with him. You smiled, laughed, and gave hugs and kisses to Grampa. It was very sweet.
Nana and Aunty came to visit a few times too. When they first got into town they visited and had a lot of fun with you. Nana brought you a plastic baby book that sings songs, and you love it. It has a twinkle, twinkle little star page, which you of course adore. It's now one of your most favorite toys.
They came over later on in the week, at night when Dad was working. They wanted to commandeer our television so they could watch American Idol. I am not an American Idol fan. It is a "talent" competition of singers who... sing and crap. They get judged by crazy people who work in the entertainment industry. People can vote at some points in time. I'm not a fan, and all I know is that I'm happy I have DVR because it's on at the same damn time as LOST, and I'd would seriously even beat my own grandmother down to watch that show. So, look out, Nana!
They joined us for dinner one night as well. They were surprised at how well you eat. We had faux-BBQ chicken, 3-bean salad, baked potatoes and dinner rolls. It wasn't too bad.
You had a lot of fun with those two. It was pretty nice. Nana didn't even complain about how dirty she thought the house was, which I was very proud of her for.
Tomorrow, I get to be a person with a sign waiting for someone they don't know at the airport for the first time. Nice! We're going to get Grampa's brother Bruce who is flying down from Halifax, Nova Scotia (crazy canuck!) from the airport. I haven't ever met him before, so we get to hold a "Bruce" sign. I hope Dad remembered to make it at work. I have a feeling he'll come home and get all flustered and yell "shoot!" when I remind him about it. Oh well. (He ended up offering me a used bandage instead.) This will be your first time at an airport, and I'm bringing bulk hand sanitizer since I've been successfully freaked out by swine flue.
Saturday we're celebrating Beltane a day late! Beltane is the celebration of the first day of May, when everything is all alive again, not just coming to life like it is for the start of Spring. Anyways, we're going to pick strawberries in celebration, and I'm looking forward to that. You, naturally, love strawberries.
Also on Saturday Dad's going to celebrate his Mother, Grammy Linda's, birthday with Grampa Steve and Aunt Breanne. Her birthday would have been Monday.
I think that's all for now. Lots of Love, Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment