Monday, April 13, 2009

Today you are teething.

Jasper,
Today you are teething. You are 8 months, 1 week and 1 day old at the moment. You have two teeth already (one came immediately after the other one). You can eat things like soft vegetables, pasta, bread, arrowroot baby cookies, and whatever else you feel like munching on (dirt, random plants, cat hair, paper). Your third tooth will be here any minute now, I promise. You're very mad at me because I think you need to lay down and take your afternoon nap. You think it's time to give momma a million kisses and play with your favorite rubber ducky. You learned to give kisses recently, and you think it's pretty amazing. You still kiss with tongue, which I think is cute and daddy thinks is disgusting. I think this is all extremely funny, since you'll grow out of it and then grow back into it. (Kissing with tongue, that is) You think you should be walking and I think you need to cut it out because I don't feel like chasing you around yet. I also think it's unfair to our oldest cat, Arthur, who is still surprised to see you crawling so fast. Your favorite things are mom and dad (of course!), story time, bath time, and Stockton, our youngest kitty. He is your kitty. He lets you pull his tail and whiskers, and doesn't seem to mind. He lets you eat cat food. I want to slap him for that. He snuggles with you when you lay on our bed and drink bottles when you wake up in the morning. You can use furniture to help you walk all over the place. You fall a lot but are learning that I'm not going to help you out, so you don't cry about it anymore. You figured out depth yesterday and realized you shouldn't crawl off the couch or else you're going to fall down and hurt yourself. It's the little things that change everyday that make me think you are a genius and the most amazing little dude on the planet. I am probably biased in both my opinions. You are sleeping soundly now and I am going to watch Jon & Kate Plus 8. I love that show. Your mom and dad are a lot like them... except not Christian, and we only have one kid.
I love you so much,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. I think this is so cool. Electronic-scrap-book-stylee.

    I wish I had updates on when I started teething/walking/swearing =)

    Miss you guys. When you're back in Massachusetts we need a visit because I need to hold some baby.

    ReplyDelete