Monday, April 13, 2009

Why I am doing this

I saw the most sad episode of Oprah today. It was about unconventional, unforgettable fathers. One was Matt Logelin, who's story made me bawl and is still making me weepy. His blog is at mattlogelin.com. Another was a father who was deployed in Iraq, he kept a journal for his son in the event something happened to him. Well, something did. His words are beyond touching. Now, I am not in any form of military. I am just a stay at home mother. Things still happen. If anything were to happen to me, I want my beautiful son Jasper, who means more to me than words can express, who his eccentric, unique mother was. I want him to know me, regardless of anything. I am writing this for him, to capture our memories and to show him my very strange personality. My husband Ryan and I are very unconventional people, with very strange struggles at times. I always want Jasper to be aware of who we are. This will be written as a letter to him from here on out, about our family's life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment