Tuesday, May 19, 2009

teething and rechid diaper rash.

oh little dude, i feel so bad for you.
you've got some horrible diaper rash. i mean awful. i can google "bad diaper rash" and see images that are on par with what you've got. you need to go to the doctor, and will very, very soon. you got an oatmeal bath and got to run around diaper-free for a while tonight, though.
you've also got four teeth now. you think it's pretty amazing to grind them together. and i mean all the fucking time. you sneak up behind me and start breathing all heavy and grinding your teeth. it wicked creeps me out. i think that's pretty obnoxious, but what do you care? you haven't bitten me with your new top chomper yet. i'm glad we're one more step into teething. just sprout all those goddamn teeth already!!
you took your first steps yesterday. big stuff, little dude. i can see in your eyes and the way that you stand there that you'll be walking in no time. it terrifies me. sometimes i wonder if i should tie your legs together, but of course i won't.
you will be 10 months old so soon. i feel like i've already lost my baby. i snuggle with you all the time and tell you that i'm going to miss having you as my baby. i'll definitely miss our snuggle time. :-(
i have a late blog to post and some wonderful pictures of your first beltane! we went strawberry picking and you had such a blast. but, more about that later.
we have a potential transfer from dad's work to move back to massachusetts, something i want to do very badly. it's something we all want to do. unfortunately, we thought that moving to south carolina would make our lives easier, and it hasn't. so, we have the {potential} option to move back home, and getting some help from family, because taking care of you is a very time consuming process and i really need a hand so i can work or go to school. you can't be left alone, and that makes doing anything rather difficult. *sigh* i hope the whole moving home thing works out, it's somewhere i really want to be. i think it would be better for all of us. it is now the 19th of may, and if this worked out, we'd be moving in the beginning of july. so, that makes me nervous as it's obviously not a lot of time. particularly when i'm trying to hang on to your infancy.
we went to the food pantry today, because we're broke people and we needed some food. we spend almost two hours there. you had a blast, talking to people and trying to go home with them, you little flirt. you have such a nice time whenever we go out together. you think other people are so fun.
we've been visiting aunt doris and grampa holmes on sundays, while dad is working. you love them. grampa is dying right now, and we all wish him a quick process that's as pain-free as is possible. you like to sit in grampa's bed with him and give him kisses, it's really sweet. the day after tomorrow, we have to bring grampa's brother bruce to the airport so he can go back to canada. we'll go and have lunch with aunty and grampa before we go.
i think that's all for now, my little lovie. you are sleeping soundly and i am baking a white asparagus quiche with some of my food pantry bounties.
love you sooooo much,
momma.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Aren't kids a blast with all of the new and exciting things they do. Your son will love to read all of this some day!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog... It's so amazing how things have changed over the last few years... blogging and such. I so wished I had this when my girls were young. So much to share and remember. I tried to keep journals when they were babies, but it's so much easier to type...

    My blog is about a side of life I hope you never have to experience... however, life is amazing and for me, I now know there is a happily ever after, even if I almost didn't make it there!

    ReplyDelete